Monthly Archives: October 2012
…dark chocolate, whipped cream, and vanilla bean maple syrup.
Not only did the pancakes taste great, they also were very quick to make. The pancakes were the freezer variation (made from scratch would have been the best option), which was the most efficient option, time-wise.
It’s a writer’s breakfast! At least for this author.
Over the past year, the Adventure Writer’s Blog has transformed from a conglomeration of reviews, musings, and photography, to a place where I primarily discuss my writing endeavors. I hope to do some more of that soon, once there are further developments in the publishing process and in my others works. It’s slow-going at the moment, and I’ll likely begin making more queries soon, as well as starting a serialization project that I can self-publish.
In other news, after Protagonist Rising, I developed another short track of music which I’ve deemed the Antagonist Theme. It’s very short, and very gritty in terms of tone, heavily relying upon guitar and bass. I find that while I’m taking a short break with my writing, I can continue to express through my music. I may also use this theme for a movie project I’ve begun with a friend.
Below is the video in question:
Secure Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe7_9IgSCOU
The host of loops within Apple’s GarageBand ’11 is simply extraordinary. The fact that one may utilize them in innovative assortments is better yet.
Shortly after writing my novel, I decided to redirect my creativity to music. I had developed songs before, using the aforementioned application, but I had frequently had a particular objective in mind. This time, however, the ‘lines’ which were to guide the project were much less distinct. I decided that I would make the soundtrack reminiscent of one of my novel’s characters, the protagonist, Jake. I utilized guitar, violin, drum, even choir melodies, until I had something significantly varied in sound and tone. Although, upon its conclusion, I found that it hardly sounded anything like the character I had in mind. Albeit I still liked the results!
I’ve named the video, Protagonist Rising, in light of its previously designated purpose.