Category Archives: Preliminary Movie Reviews
The last few years have shown a variety of great movies, yet what of future films? In no particular order, here’s a few movies you may want to check out when they come around to theaters:
- Like Hoodwinked? It certainly brought about a fresh perspective to the old tale of Red Riding Hood – and an entirely redone plot to boot. While not at the same level of DreamWorks, it certainly passed as a successful animated film. Coming to theaters April 29th, 2011 (my birthday as well) is its sequel: Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil .
- Thor – arguably one of the greatest super heroes in the Marvel Universe (although I remain an advocate for the Green Arrow) comes to theaters May 6, 2011, let the epic war of the worlds begin .
- If you’re a fan of this Disney series, you’ll certainly want to watch its next installment! Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides comes to theaters May 20, 2011 .
- Now who could forget DreamWorks Kung-Fu Panda? Or miss its sequel, Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom? Watch Po face off against one of his greatest challenges yet… an Emperor Peacock! Skadoosh-ing into theaters May 26, 2011. Somehow I’m not shaking in my boots, though its certain to be one of this year’s best family-comedies .
- Did someone say X-Men? Marvel is on a one-track, no-stops, back-to-back movie release agenda, and X-Men: First Class is next in its line-up! Can’t pass by an origins movie, now can we? Be sure to see all the action June 3, 2011 !
- The green guardian sweeps into theaters June 17th, 2011 . Green Lantern appears to take on the traditional role of recent super hero movies, with a modern plot and perception twist in order to expand its audience not only to comic lovers, but to the general movie-goers as well. Whether the series will meet up to the Iron Man trilogy however, is yet to be seen.
- Jim Carry takes on the role of Mr. Popper in theaters June 17, 2011  on Mr. Popper’s Penguins. Watching how this fun children’s novel meets modern cinema will be something to behold indeed, and with Mr. Carry at the forefront of the show, we may have some laughs as well.
Here we’ll have to cut the list short until tomorrow, which will list movies from July 2011, to late 2012. Be sure not to miss it!