For the previous entry in this post-series, simply visit: Films to Look Forward To: Up & Coming (Part II: Jun. 2011 – Oct)
- Puss in Boots, in theaters, pronounces an evident summary in and of itself with its title alone – if you’ve watched Shrek of course. For all the details, simply visit my Shrek Forever After movie review, and scroll to the bottom of the post.
- Happy Feet II, who could forget Happy Feet – the beloved family movie which followed the life of Mumbo, the only penguin who could not sing. Featuring the voice talents of Elijah Wood & Robin Williams, it was truly a spectacular Warner Bro’s production for both children and adults alike. This time around in Happy Feet II, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt join the voice cast, and one can only imagine how the plot will develop. Coming to theaters November 18th, 2011 – family-movie lovers can’t miss it !
- Set to be released December 16th, 2011 is a movie featuring everybody’s favorite chipmunks –Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked. I myself was somewhat entertained by the series, though I have my doubts about how well a third installment will turn out. It seems to be more of a kid’s movie, than an overall family movie, though still something to check out when the time comes around !
- Sherlock Holmes 2 (December 16, 2011 ), with Robert Downey Junior reprising his role as the famous Holmes, promises much. Featuring the dynamic personalities of such characters as Mycroft Holmes (Stephen Fry), the intellectual twin of
Holmes (and his brother by blood), and Professor Moriarty (Jared Harris), the paradoxical entity of Sherlock, using his vast faculty for crime. Its very title seems to add an amount of intrigue to the movie, being Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows – and what better than the official introduction of Moriarty.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace made for joyous Sci-Fi fans in its first showing back in May 1999. On January 10th, 2012 – the movie strikes back with a never before seen 3-D version .
- What does Dr. Seuss, Zac Efron, and Taylor Swift have in common? They’re all a part (in one way or another) of the March 2nd, 2012 film -Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax !
- If you’ve followed the action of Suzanne Collin’s, the Hunger Games trilogy, you’ll certainly want to see the movie. Premiering March 23rd, 2012 – you don’t want to miss it. The Hunger Games, by Lionsgate Entertainment, is sure to be a pleasure to watch for the first time on the big screen – or any screen other than that of the literary mind. If you haven’t read the series, or have fallen behind, be sure to get all the details from my review: Mockingjay: The Hunger Games Trilogy !
The last few years have shown a variety of great movies, yet what of future films? In no particular order, here’s a few movies you may want to check out when they come around to theaters:
- Like Hoodwinked? It certainly brought about a fresh perspective to the old tale of Red Riding Hood – and an entirely redone plot to boot. While not at the same level of DreamWorks, it certainly passed as a successful animated film. Coming to theaters April 29th, 2011 (my birthday as well) is its sequel: Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil .
- Thor – arguably one of the greatest super heroes in the Marvel Universe (although I remain an advocate for the Green Arrow) comes to theaters May 6, 2011, let the epic war of the worlds begin .
- If you’re a fan of this Disney series, you’ll certainly want to watch its next installment! Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides comes to theaters May 20, 2011 .
- Now who could forget DreamWorks Kung-Fu Panda? Or miss its sequel, Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom? Watch Po face off against one of his greatest challenges yet… an Emperor Peacock! Skadoosh-ing into theaters May 26, 2011. Somehow I’m not shaking in my boots, though its certain to be one of this year’s best family-comedies .
- Did someone say X-Men? Marvel is on a one-track, no-stops, back-to-back movie release agenda, and X-Men: First Class is next in its line-up! Can’t pass by an origins movie, now can we? Be sure to see all the action June 3, 2011 !
- The green guardian sweeps into theaters June 17th, 2011 . Green Lantern appears to take on the traditional role of recent super hero movies, with a modern plot and perception twist in order to expand its audience not only to comic lovers, but to the general movie-goers as well. Whether the series will meet up to the Iron Man trilogy however, is yet to be seen.
- Jim Carry takes on the role of Mr. Popper in theaters June 17, 2011  on Mr. Popper’s Penguins. Watching how this fun children’s novel meets modern cinema will be something to behold indeed, and with Mr. Carry at the forefront of the show, we may have some laughs as well.
Here we’ll have to cut the list short until tomorrow, which will list movies from July 2011, to late 2012. Be sure not to miss it!