On Monday, September 1st, Nintendo made available the first ten NES games in the 3DS Ambassador Program – today on December 17th, they officially released the final set of Virtual Console games.
These titles include:
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- Metroid Fusion
- Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Wario Land 4
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
- F-Zero Maximum Velocity
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
To claim these titles, simply follow the instruction below:
- Before you begin, you’ll need to be within reach of a Nintendo Zone, Wi-Fi hotspot, or Wireless Internet signal (such as produced by NETGEAR appliances).
- Tap on Nintendo eShop and wait for it to load.
- Once loaded, navigate to the far left corner of your options, until you reach Settings / Other.
- Select Settings / Other.
- Scroll down until you spot “Your Downloads,” tap it.
- Scroll down until you see the titles listed above, tap “Redownload” on a title of your choice.
- Repeat this process until you have downloaded all the available titles. The titles will be transferred to your 3DS main menu where you may access them at any time. (NEW) You may select Download Later on all ten titles and they will be immediately transferred to your main 3DS menu. After putting your system in sleep mode for approximately 5 minutes, you will be able to play all your games.
Most of these titles were produced after the year 2000, and are quite different from the “classic games” released in the NES package. To receive continual updates regarding the Ambassador Program, be sure to download the Ambassador’s Certificate and activate SpotPass.
In other news, Nintendo has also provided the option of purchasing Nintendo eShop games for free by