Today we’ll take a look at all the creative things players can accomplish with the Nintendo 3DS – with a simple gallery of pictures I’ve designed with the system itself. It’s amazing what you can do with AR Games and the 3DS Camera!
Tomorrow you can learn how to make your own graphics such as the ones displayed!
With the speedy arrival of the Nintendo 3DS comes a fairly lengthy wait-time
for games, as well as features. The 3DS Web Browser is not yet available, relying on a future update to begin operation. That leaves users with the choice of preinstalled applications, and whatever else comes along with the next update – which goes to say, update your system regularly!
How to Update your 3DS
To update your system, first turn on the 3DS, via the bottom right-hand power button. On the menu, use your stylus or control + pad to navigate to the wrench icon called System Settings. Select it by pressing the “A” button, or simply tapping the icon with your stylus. From the System settings menu, tap the other Other Settings icon. Now that you’re on the Other Settings menu, simply tap the right arrow navigator with your stylus, until you see the System Update option on the fourth tab – or simply click the number four at the top of the touch screen. Tap System Update, and then tap “OK.” If you agree to the Terms and Conditions listed, select I Accept. Otherwise, if you cannot agree to the terms, select I Decline, and the update process will be cancelled. Now tap okay, and leave the rest to your 3DS system, until another “OK” prompt appears. Tap “OK” and your system will automatically restart, no other action is require on your part to return to the Main Menu.
Out of all the applications currently available, I already have my favorites. Practically acting as stand-alone games themselves, these apps are sure to keep 3DS users busy until their copy of Street Fighter, Lego Star Wars III, and whatnot arrive.
Adventure Writer’s Top 5 3DS Applications
(All Free & Included)
- AR Games: The Augmented Reality Games feature could have been marketed as a separate video game entirely, with its vast selection of primary features, and subfeatures.
- Mii Plaza: A fun, street-pass based application with an entertaining “Find Mii” MMORPG.
- Face Raiders: Take a picture of yourself, friends, whoever! And let the fun begin. The picture will instantly find itself blasted into the 3rd Dimension and snugly fit into a battle helmet. Players may be further entertained by blasting the 3-dimensional likeness of the photographed person into oblivion in the Face Raiders mini-game, which has been further brought to life with various animations and moments of maniacal laughter.
- Nintendo 3DS Sound: For players familiar with the Nintendo DSi, they may find all the old features of DSi Sound and many new additions! Now you can organize your music into individual play lists, shuffle your music, let your 3D parakeet companion pick a song for the day, and more!
- Nintendo 3DS Camera: With all the fun features of the Nintendo DSi camera comes the 3DS camera! Now with the ability to take 3-D photography, and linked to dozens of applications such as AR Games, this app dominates its predecessor!
- For complete details on all these applications and more, continue reading the Adventure Writer Blog for daily posts and reviews!